PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS TO THE COSTUME AREA IS FEBRUARY 14, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Shawn Irish, Head of MFA Design @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Costume Design Applicants should be prepared to provide the following information and materials:
- Personal Information
- Unofficial transcript(s), and college GPA
- A one- to two-page personal statement addressing the applicant’s reasons for wanting to pursue a M.F.A. in Costume Design. The statement should also discuss the applicant’s goals and expectations coming into the program. Applicants are welcome to share other relevant information that might give the selection committee perspective on their application.
- Three letters of recommendation from theatre professionals, professors, or other people who are familiar with the applicant and/or their work. One of the recommendations must speak directly to the applicant’s work.
- A résumé detailing academic experience, professional work in the theatre, and other relevant work experience.
- A portfolio of their work which can include:
- Images of design work: renderings and production photos
- Images of costume construction
- Images of artwork
- Images of anything costume related: makeup designs, craft work, fashion designs, clothing.
These can be all in one of the above areas or a combination of items. A unified portfolio is preferred, but separate images are also accepted.
The GRE Test is not required for admission to the M.F.A. Program in Costume Design