PRIORITY DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS TO LIGHTING DESIGN IS FEBRUARY 14, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Shawn Irish, Head of M.F.A. Design at email@example.com.
Lighting Design Applicants should be prepared to provide the following information and materials:
- Personal Information
- Unofficial transcript(s), and college GPA
- A one- to two-page personal statement addressing the applicant’s reasons for wanting to pursue a M.F.A. in Lighting Design The statement should also discuss the applicant’s goals and expectations coming into the program. Applicants are welcome to share other relevant information that might give the selection committee perspective on their application.
- Three letters of recommendation from theatre professionals, professors, or other people who are familiar with the applicant and/or their work. One of the recommendations must speak directly to the applicant’s work.
- A résumé detailing academic experience, professional work in the theatre, and other relevant work experience.
- A portfolio of their work which should include:
- Images of realized design work
- Examples of plots & paperwork
- Other related work (coursework, etc.)
The GRE Test is not required for admission to the M.F.A. Program in Lighting Design.